Derived from grinding dry leaves of the plant Indigofera,
Pure Indigo Powder Derived from Indigofera Tinctoria that is best suited as a natural hair dye. Do not get confused by the numerous options to buy indigo powder online. To find the best Indigo Powder for hair, check the ingredients label and ensure that the indigo powder is 100% natural and organic.
Organic Indigo powder is significantly different from its synthetic alternatives. It doesn’t contain ammonia or PPD or other chemicals like most hair dyes.
BENEFITS OF INDIGO POWDER FOR HAIR
Are you wondering how this natural blue dye can help you dye gray hair black or brown? Then here’s the secret – Use Indigo powder is used in combination with henna powder.
But before we jump to the steps to dye your hair, here are a few known benefits of using Indigo Powder on your hair –
- It treats and prevents premature greying
- It can lead to new hair growth and treat baldness.
- It treats dandruff and conditions dry hair.
- It prevents scalp infections and soothes the scalp.
- It smoothens the tangles, makes your hair thicker, more manageable and lustrous.
- You can dye your hair shades of black or brown by combining it with Henna.
Seems like dyeing your hair can actually be good for your hair’s health! Natural hair colors can lend your tresses the tint you desire without any damage. Now, if you’re feeling ready to color your gray hair naturally, we’ve listed all the steps for you to get started!
HOW TO USE HENNA AND INDIGO TO COLOR YOUR HAIR BLACK?
Since Indigo powder is a blue dye, applying it directly to your hair will leave an intriguing blue tint. However, to get darker shades like brown, auburn or black, you need to prime your hair with Henna treatment before using indigo powder.
Henna as a natural hair dye needs no introduction. The ancient science of Ayurveda relies on this natural ingredient for hair coloring and conditioning.
To color your hair black, you need to break the whole process down in two steps. Just applying the mixture of Henna powder and Indigo powder directly on your hair won’t give desired results and isn’t advisable. So if you’re looking for those gorgeous black tresses, here’s what you need to do –
STEP 1 – TREAT YOUR HAIR WITH HENNA.
- 1. In a mixing bowl, soak the Henna Powder (100 gms for short hair, 200 gms for shoulder-length hair, 300 gms for long hair) with Tea Water or Coffee Water overnight. (Adding coffee makes the red color of henna more visible.) Add only a dash of Lemon Juice if you wish
- 2. Add Yoghurt or Egg for additional conditioning.
- 4. On the next day, apply the paste on clean, product-free hair for 45-60 minutes, depending on preferred intensity.
- 5. Rinse well only with water, repeating as many times as you intuitively need. Do not use shampoo.
STEP 2 – TREAT YOUR HAIR WITH INDIGO.
- 1 After rinsing your hair, let them dry.
- 2 Mix the Indigo Powder (100 gms for short hair, 200 gms for shoulder-length hair, 300 gms for long hair) in warm water to prepare a paste.
- 3. Apply on your hair, using gloves if applying with your hands, or a spatula.
- 4. Leave on for 45 minutes, or more, depending on preferred intensity. It’s advisable to keep it on hair for up to 2 hours to get rich black color.
- 5. Rinse thoroughly with water.
- 6. Wash your hair with a cleansing shampoo the next day.
Following these two steps will result in the desired natural black hair color. You can use this method to color your hair twice-thrice a month.
HOW TO USE HENNA TO COLOR YOUR HAIR BROWN?
Some brands recommend creating a mixture of Henna Powder and Indigo Powder to get brown hair. However, when you’re using premium herbal plus’s Natural Hair Colour, you only need to apply Henna to dye your hair brown naturally.
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS, TO GET BROWN TO REDDISH BROWN HAIR.
1. Soak the Henna Powder (100 gms for short hair, 200 gms for shoulder-length hair, 300 gms for long hair) in an iron skillet in Tea Water or Coffee Water overnight. (Adding coffee makes the red color of henna more visible.)
2. Add only a dash of Lemon Juice if you wish. Add Yoghurt or Egg for additional conditioning.
3. On the next day, apply the paste on clean, product-free hair for 2 hours, depending on preferred intensity.
4. Rinse well only with water, repeating as many times as you intuitively need. Do not use shampoo.
5. Wash your hair with a cleansing shampoo the next day.
HOW TO APPLY HENNA POWDER AND INDIGO POWDER ON HAIR?
While the steps to dye your hair are straightforward and easy, it might seem difficult when you start doing it, especially if you are applying the dye by yourself. Here are a few steps that you can follow to make the process comfortable and clean.
1. Before you start applying, make sure that the paste is of the right consistency. It should be pudding-like, neither too dry nor too wet and runny.
2. To avoid making a mess, drape an old towel around your shoulders and put on your rubber gloves. Remember that the dye may stain the clothes you’re wearing.
3. For an easy and thorough application, divide your hair into as many sections as you want and clip them up.
4. Work with one section at a time, start applying henna with a hair coloring brush right from the roots to the ends. You can also use your hands for this.
5. Once you are done with a section, roll the hair strands around your finger into a little curl and stick them to your head.
6. Once you’re done with applying it to all the sections, apply the remaining paste all over your head and work it in with your hands for complete coverage
7. Put on a shower cap to avoid spilling the dye when you move.
Sounds easier now, right? If you struggle to apply the dye on your own, you can always take professional help at salons.
Now, let’s explore some of the most commonly asked questions about dyeing your hair with Henna and Indigo powder.
IS IT SAFE TO USE HENNA AND INDIGO POWDER ON YOUR HAIR?
Yes, it is safe to use henna and indigo on your hair if you’ve ensured that the products are 100% natural, organic and free of any chemicals.
CAN I USE HENNA AND INDIGO POWDER ON CHEMICALLY TREATED HAIR?
Yes, it is safe to use natural and 100% henna and indigo on chemically treated hair. However, it is suggested to wait 5-6 weeks between chemical treatment and hair coloring.
HOW LONG DOES INDIGO HAIR DYE LAST?
If you wash your hair weekly, the color may last between 4 weeks or less. Depending on your hair, you might need to color twice a month.
CAN I USE INDIGO HAIR DYE WITHOUT HENNA?
No, you can not use Indigo Hair Dye without Henna to dye your hair black.
WHERE TO GET INDIGO POWDER?
If you’re looking for the best Indigo Powder for hair, go for 100% natural and organic options. Kama Ayurveda’s Indigo Powder is one the best Indigo Powder as it’s derived directly from the Indigo plant and contains no chemicals
When it comes to aging, grey hair is an evident and much-dreaded sign. While store-bought hair dyes solve the problem, the chemicals that they contain can damage your hair in the long run. A healthier alternative is to use natural dyes such as Henna and Indigo powder that leave your hair healthy even after frequent coloring.
Looking for other organic and safe ways to take care of your hair? Explore the 10 best hair growth oils recommended by Ayurveda. Oiling your hair (preferably with Coconut Oil) after dyeing is a great way to enhance the colour and add luster to the hair
Now that you are equipped with all the information you need to try these natural dyes, it’s time to color your hair with them. Do let us know about your experience in the comments below.
I use it on recommendation of my sister and it proved to be amazing. It gives color to hair naturally.
Fatima Sheikh –
Excellent Products. I am in love with this indigo powder.
Good Products and excellent services.
Waheed Sardar (verified owner) –
I was fedup from fake indigo powder everywhere. Then I ordered on this website. Their Indigo powder is really original and has very good result. Now I am regular customer on this website.
Mehwish Riaz –
Good Packing and original products.
isabella khan (verified owner) –
yours indigo works well but it totally wash away after 48 hours washing schedule …. and i havent recieve my second delivery which was i ordered ……till yet
Use some mild shampoo for washing purpose. We recommend our herbal shampoo that suits best for indigo dyed hair. Please send your order number so we can update you about parcel.
Nazo (verified owner) –
Very good product. Amazing outcome.keep it up! Excellent service.
Thank you for being regular customer. Stay Blessed.
Sadia Haleema –
Only one company in pakistan selling original indigo powder of excellent quality. I recommend this product based on my personal experience.
Thank you for appreciation. We assure you same quality in future.
Kashif Saleem –
Thank you for your comments.
Mushtaq Ahmed –
آپ کا انڈگو پاؤڈر بہترین ہے۔ شکریہ
Thank you for feedback. Stay blessed.
Mrs Babar (verified owner) –
Indigo is so reall!!! Its frgrance is like right away from plant. I like ur every product i used. Highly recommended.
Herbal Plus –
Thank you very much. Stay blessed.
Excellent and original indigo powder I found in Pakistan. Highly recommended this indigo powder.
guriya shazadi (verified owner) –
i also 100 feasd orignal produt highli recommended this indigo powder
Herbal Plus –
Thank you very much for feedback. Stay blessed.
Shehzad akbar –
Very effective organic Hair dye. I used it 1st time. A good replacement of chemical hair dyes.
This Indigo Powder is excellent… Highly recommended 👌
Haya Idress (verified owner) –
Good Quality product..
Asadullah (verified owner) –
Highly recommended 👌
Sadia (verified owner) –
Excellent product with excellent results
Herbal Plus –
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Your words are source of motivation for us.
Great Original indigo powder. Thank you for giving original product
I just gave a try and it produce good results.
Tariq Khan (verified owner) –
I am regularly using this brand’s indigo powder. It’s excellent indigo powder.
Zinia (verified owner) –
Asma Javed (verified owner) –
I always buy from this website. Their indigo powder is really good.
Asia (verified owner) –
Very good color. I used it for dark brown shade and got desired color. Highly recommended.
Asia (verified owner) –
I was doubtful for my first order as I have bought from many others but always got fake indigo powder. But from this website I received original indigo powder that works great. I am 100% satisfied. Thank you for providing amazing indigo powder.
Suneel Kumar –
I had listen about indigo but it was not available easily in Pakistan. But on this website I got indigo powder at my home step very easily.
Indigo powder is very good and give color perfectly. I recommend there indigo powder.
Mohsin Naqvi –
100% original indigo powder. I used it for first time and got amazing results. Seller is very good person and guide in details about usage. Thank you.
Shazia shahid –
Perfect color developed wo bhi without any chemical. It like it.
It is extremely good indigo powder. Got excellent results.
Warda Shabir –
Atlast found original indigo powder in Pakistan. Thank you Herbal plus.
Excellent results. Recommended
Intikhaab Alam –
Very fine indigo powder and good packing.
Nadia Naeem –
Finally I got real indigo powder in Pakistan. Baqi her jaga per fake indigo sale hora…..God bless you guys
Azra Saqib –
Highly recommended. Original Indigo powder hai.
Shazia Majid –
Amazing results and excellent services by seller. Thank you.
Saba javed –
Original Indigo Powder with excellent result. I recommend it.
Tayyab furqan –
Amazing Results. Keep it up guys. 👏
Zia Muhammad –
I received original indigo powder from this website. They provided guidance as I used it first time and got amazing results. Their Henna is also good.
M Amin –
Highly recommended. Original Indigo powder received. Thank you Herbalplus.
Najma sethi –
Best ever indigo powder I have used. In Dubai it was easily available but in Pakistan I found this website and ordered one pack. Alhamdulilah 100% satisfied with results. Allah Bless you guys.
Shumaila Hassan –
I used it and recommend. Original indigo powder hai inka.
Naima Saleem –